Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Another Card and a Tag

 We had a couple of celebrations this weekend that required cards. I had some fun playing on both of these...

First up is a Baptism card for our nephew. I started by cutting the grey outline piece using my Cricut and the "New Testament" cartridge (that cartridge has a ton of beautiful cross cuts). I covered the cut with Versamark and then sprinkled on silver embossing powder. I then attached it to a piece of watercolor paper and cut around it. I used Gelatos as water color by using a water brush and picking up the color directly from the stick and painting it on. After that dried, I was going to go over all of the "windows" with Glossy Accents, but started by covering the cross with Liquid Pearls. After I had finished that, I loved how it looked, so I left it. The background was stamped and then I added a piece of ribbon.

Next up is a tag I made to put on a wine bottle. The party was "skull and crossbone" themed and I had this grunge board one hanging out in my stash, so I decided to use it. I started by attaching it to a tag and covering the whole thing with gesso. After that dried, I sprayed it with Raven Glimmer Mist. I used a mask at the top to add some more texture. Once that dried, I stamped the "Happy" and rubbed some Versamark over the skull and then heat embossed it. I cut the "40" with my Cricut and then pressed in it Versamark and heat embossed it with gold powder. I attached the numbers with some foam adhesive. I wanted a little more texture and color on the skull, so I used some Picket Fence Distress Stain and covered it and then misted it with water to get it off the embossing. I added a strip of gold washi tape across the top and some ribbon to attach it to the bottle to finish it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment