Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Happy Birthday- The Card Concept #37

Good morning! I have a new card to share today! (Just a heads up, there will be lots of card posts coming in the next few weeks. Today's card was inspired by the current challenge at The Card Concept:

Isn't this inspiration piece SO beautiful!? As soon as I saw it, I knew I needed to use it! I decided to go with a mixed media style, so I pulled out my Distress Inks and Stains and went to work on a piece of watercolor paper, smearing the inkpads and stains across the page in a rainbow. Then I gave everything a good spray with water and used a foam brush to blend the colors.

The butterflies were cut using my Cricut and the "Sentimentals" cartridge. I used glue on just the inner half of the wings so that the ends could lift a bit for some dimension.  I used some flower brads to connect the wings and put a bit of Stickles on them for a little sparkle. The sentiment was stamped and heat embossed.

1 comment:

  1. Your background ROCKS!!! Wow - the colors that you chose are so dynamic...in a soft sort of way. Love the effect that the sprayed water created! Nice touch with the bedazzled butterfly centers. Thanks for sharing your card with us at the Card Concept Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete