Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Fair Fun

Hello! Tonight I have a layout to share with you that I have been working on. It is the last one for the "5 Ways To Use Gesso" class I have been working through at Big Picture Classes.  This lesson was about dry embossing and using gesso. For my layout, I cut a sheet of cardstock into 9 4x4 inch squares and then dry embossed them using 3 different folders. I then attached them to another sheet of cardstock and brushed gesso over the whole thing.  After that was dry, I sprayed and dripped some spray ink on my layout.  I added some water and moved the colors around until I was happy with the result. I then pulled out my sewing machine and stitched between the sections. 

There was a challenge on the October Afternoon blog last week to use the cut apart tags. I felt like they would work well with my page design, so I went with it, using the new Summertime collection that I picked up at the warehouse sale. I mixed in some older October Afternoon embellishments for finish off the page.

Even though the Sketchathon at My Scraps and More is over, I used this sketch. As soon as I saw it, I knew I needed to use it.

Materials:
Cardstock- Bazzill
Patterned Paper, Stickers, chipboard- October Afternoon
Brads- Making Memories, Basic Grey, Doodlebug
Letter stickers- Basic Grey
Pen- Zig
Gesso- Liquitex
Ink- EK Success, Tattered Angels
Embossing Folders- Spellbinders, Darice, Provo Craft

No comments:

Post a Comment