Sunday, August 31, 2014

September Calendar Page

Look at me!  I have my calendar page done in time for the first of the month!  This month, I was once again inspired by a sketch at Stick it Down:


I stuck pretty close to the sketch and I had some fun with Basic Grey's Capture line.  I really enjoyed working around the triangle paper on this one.

I was stumped for a bit as to what to use for embellishments, but then I found the the fun stripey Prima flowers and thought they worked well with the papers.  I pulled out some other flowers in a coordinating blue and a couple metal flowers.  Behind my title and journaling block, I used a Bella Blvd. feather for some added texture. My title was made with some old Basic Grey letter stickers.  I used the periods from that set to separate my events in the journaling block.

I felt that the light blue paper I used across the bottom was a little plain, so I fussy cut the strip from a piece of patterned paper (to which my husband said "good luck" when he saw me start cutting it out).  I really like what it adds to the layout.

The 8/25 challenge over at My Scraps and More was to tear at least two things on your layout.  I tore the far right end of my washi tape and I also added a couple of small pieces of paper that I tore to bring some of the yellow over the the left side of my layout.

Materials:
Cardstock- Bazzill
Patterned Paper- Basic Grey, Echo Park, American Crafts
Stickers- Basic Grey
Flowers- Prima, Michael's
Metal Flower- Momenta
Pen- Newell Rubbermaid, Sakura
Tape- Glitz
Feather- Bella Blvd
Buttons- Hero Arts

3 comments:

  1. Fun 2 pager and I love the photos you used. Thanks for playing along with us at Stick it Down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like the sketch worked out very well for your many pictures for different occasions! The colourful triangles worked well with many of your pictures too! Thank you for playing with us at the Stick It Down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love the idea behind the way you scrap your calendar! It's so bright and fun and highlights the dates that are important to your family! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Stick it Down!

    ReplyDelete