Friday, April 11, 2014

My Scraps and More Sketch #76

It is time for a new sketch at My Scraps and More!  This week, we got to work with a single photo sketch:

I don't do single photo layouts very often, usually just for portraits and that's what I used here.  This is my older son's 18 month portrait.  This shot was originally printed out as a 5x7, but I decided to trim it down to a square to match the sketch and because there was space to do it.

Since I was just using strips of paper to decorate, I mostly pulled out scraps of patterned paper to work with (the striped piece on the bottom was from a new sheet, but it pulled the yellows and grey cardstock together, so I had to use it!).  I also used a couple of pieces of washi tape.

To add some color and texture to the background, I used my hexagon mask and some modeling paste.  I colored the modeling paste with some spray ink to coordinate with the colors in my paper.  I then added one spritz of white ink for some more texture.  Finally, I layered my photo over a flocked star transparency.


I used some blue Basic Grey letter stickers for my title.  To make them stand out a bit more, I stamped some splatters on my background and outlined my letters with white pen. I colored my wood veneer star with some Distress ink and added some texture using the edge of the large splatter stamp to stamp some small splatters in blue ink.


Make sure you head over to the blog and check out what the rest of the team did with the sketch!  Also, head over to the boards and check out the Sketch a thon going on there all month long!



Materials:
Cardstock- Stampin Up
Patterned Paper- October Afternoon
Transparency- Fancy Pants Designs
Stickers- Basic Grey
Brads- Making Memories
Mask- Studio Calico
Mist- Studio Calico, EK Success, Tattered Angels
Modeling Paste- Golden
Epoxy sticker- Fiskars
Vellum- K and Company
Wood Veneer- Adornit
Ink- Ranger, Clearsnap
Stamps- Hero Arts
Tape- My Mind's Eye
Pen- Sakura



1 comment: