Saturday, April 12, 2014

April Calendar Page

I'm finally catching up a bit after being gone for a week and then holding down the fort alone for a week!  It has been crazy!  I finished my calendar page for the month, about a week late.  I used a PageMaps sketch for inspiration:


I've been using collections a lot lately, but they are starting to dwindle, especially when it comes to whole sheets of paper.  This sketch needed a couple of full (or close to full) sheets of paper, so I had to dig into my random stash of patterned paper.  I found the multicolor watercolor sheet and worked from that.  I had a tin of K and Company die cuts that I have had forever and so I challenged myself to use a bunch of those on my page as well.



I pulled a bunch of flowers from the die cuts and layered them up around the page.  The set also has many quotes and phrases, so I used several of those to caption my photos.The banner piece was stamped and fussy cut.  I decided to add a little something to the background in a few places by lightly stamping the scroll design.

The journaling card I used has a striped ric rack element running down the side of it.  The colors didn't all go with the colors on my layout, so I used a bunch of die cut flowers to cover it. This is a great way to use up embellishments from collections that you don't have much left from.

Materials:
Cardstock- Bazzill
Patterned Paer- Provo Craft, Reminisce, other
Die Cuts- K and Company, Bo Bunny Press
Tape- Bella Blvd
Stickers- Basic Grey
Stamp- Unity, unknown
Ink- Colorbox


No comments:

Post a Comment