Sunday, March 2, 2014

March Calendar Page

I'm back today with another layout, this time my March calendar/ Project 12 layout.  I used this great Nuts About Sketches sketch:

Again, I ran into the issue of not having cardstock that was the right color, so I pulled out the white and made it the color I wanted. I stopped at my local scrapbook store this week and picked up a set of gelatos.  I chose the metallic ones because I love to add a little shimmer and they had the most variety of color in one pack.  For this layout, I used the blue and the green.  I took the blue and scribbled heavily across the bottom of my cardstock and thinned it out as I went up the page.  I added just a touch of green to get my color closer to the color of my patterned papers and photos.  Then I sprayed it generously with water and brushed the color up the page with a foam brush.  Most of it was covered by my photos and patterned paper, but you can see the color on the bottom and between the rows of photos.

I combined a couple of My Mind's Eye lines for this layout: Collectable and On the Bright Side.  I was also inspired by a recipe challenge at My Scraps and More to use 3 of the same embellishment, 2 tags and a piece of twine.  I made the tag behind my title by cutting a rectangle, rounding the corners and punching a hole in it.  The tag on the lower left I cut using my Cricut.  For the twine, I cut a piece into multiple pieces to decorate my tags. I added a few enamel dots, brads and tape.

The sheen from the gelatos is really hard to photograph, but I tried here.  Hopefully you can see that it adds a bit of shimmer to my layout.



Materials:
Cardstock- American Crafts
Patterned Paper, brads, enamel dots, tags- My Mind's Eye
Tape- Target
Ink- Colorbox
Gelatos- Faber-Castell
Twine- Pink Paislee
Cartridge- Cricut Classic Font
Pen- Zig
Stickers- October Afternoon


No comments:

Post a Comment