Sunday, March 9, 2014

Happy Birthday- CAS(E) this Sketch #67

I have a card today to share.  It is a birthday card for my husband's grandfather, he turns 90 on Tuesday! My card was inspired by this week's sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch.


I started with some wood grain paper and added a strip of neutral patterned paper across the bottom.  I chose a neutral paper for the tags as well.  I inked the back one using Distress inks in Salty Ocean, Chipped Sapphire, and Weathered Wood to give it a sky feel.  To create the lines, I used a torn piece of paper and placed it in various places and angles on my tag and inked off the edge.  To add textured to the background of my card, I used a mask and some modeling paste.  After the paste was dry, I inked it a bit with Weathered Wood, Chipped Sapphire, and Walnut Stain inks.  I colored my image with colored pencils.





1 comment: