Friday, September 21, 2012

We're Gong to the Zoo!

It has taken me all week to finish this, but I had fun playing with my mists and a new technique. Molding paste has been showing up a lot lately on scrapbook pages (at least on the blogs I follow).  I finally bought some a couple of weeks ago and FINALLY used it on a project this week.  I decided to color it orange with some Glimmer Mist and use a mask with it.  I started by applying the paste over the mask, spreading it until I was happy with the thickness and texture.  I wanted to add another color to my layout, so I sprayed over it with some green mist.  The green mist covered up most of the orange, so while the green was still wet and the orange was even a little wet, I took a Kleenex and dabbed the ink off of the orange.  It added some texture while taking away some of the green color.  I then let that dry a while.  I started building on top of that.

The current "Step Class" at ScrapFit was to use mists with negatives and/or stickers.  I decided to try this technique with my title.  I cut the word "zoo" using my Cricut and Sure Cuts A Lot.  I first cut the word out "normal".  I then used the "shadow blackout" feature and cut it in the same spot.  That left me with the letters and a slightly larger negative.  I took the negative and used some scratch paper to mask off around it and sprayed with some black and red mists.  I attached my letters with foam adhesive to really make the word pop.

Here's a close up of the molding paste and spray ink work:

Cardstock- Bazzill
Patterned Paper, journal spot, and die cut- My Mind's Eye
Ink- Ranger, Tattered Angels, Hampton Arts
Pen- Zig, Sakura
Molding Paste- Golden Artist Colors, Inc.
Gromlet- We R Memory Keepers
Stickers- American Crafts, Basic Grey, Echo Park, Die Cuts With a View
Rub ons- Plaid
Ribbon- Michael's
Mask- Crafter's Workshop
Font- MonkeyBoy
Die Cutter- Cricut
Software- Crafter's Edge

No comments:

Post a Comment