Thursday, September 6, 2012

Cards!

I've made a couple of cards in the last few days; a baby card for a friend who just had a baby and a birthday card for my niece whose birthday was Tuesday and I totally missed (oops!).

I'll start with the baby card. I did this one for a couple of challenge. I used the current sketch at Mojo Monday. I also made this for the Day 1 challenge for the Big Idea Festival at Big Picture Classes. The challenge was to send someone a handmade note. I made this card and hand delivered it today, along with a gift and dinner. Making dinner for new moms is something that I have come to really enjoy doing. When my son was born two years ago I had so many people come forward to bring us meals, it was such a blessing.  Since then, I have tried to do the same for as many people as possible.

This morning I glanced at the calendar to see if we had any birthdays coming up and realized that our niece's birthday was Tuesday and I had totally missed it!  So I set to work with the card sketch from Let's Capture These Sketches.

I hand cut the circles, but they were pretty rough, so I covered that up by distressing the edges.  For the center circle, I punched it with my scalloped circle punch and then stamped the flower on another piece of paper and fussy cut it.  I curled the petals a bit to give it some dimension and pop dotted the whole circle.  

No comments:

Post a Comment