Thursday, August 30, 2012

September Calendar Page- ScrapFit #74

I have my September calendar layout done, with a couple days to spare! For this one, I went to ScrapFIT for inspiration. Workout #74 is a sketch challenge with a sketch by the awesome Diana Fisher. It is a one page sketch, but I made it work for my two page spread by rotating it 90 degrees and extending it.
I also used the "play" challenge from 8/16 at My Scraps and More. This was a bingo challenge and we had to select a row, column or diagonal and use those elements on a layout. I ended up using the bottom row: mask, ribbon, brads, and glitter.
I had fun playing with mists on here.  I started by spraying white mist on the layout.  I was going to leave it alone, but decided I wanted to add some more interest so I used a Crafter's Workshop mask and did a couple of spritzes of yellow mist.

I also played with clustering embellishments.  I used some more rub ons for the base layer and then added some die cuts.  I finished off with a gromlet flower.  I accented the center of some of the flowers on my layout and the stars with some Stickles for the glitter.

Materials:
Cardstock- Bazzill, American Crafts
Patterned Paper and Die Cuts- My Mind's Eye
Die cut letters- Creative Memories
Tape and Ribbon- Target
Yarn- The Robin's Nest
Ink- Ranger, EK Success, Studio Calico
Mask-The Crafter's Workshop
Transparency- Little Yellow Bicycle
Rub ons- We R Memory Keepers, Fancy Pants Designs
Stickers- Fiskars
Brad- Basic Grey
Gromlet- We R Memory Keepers
Pen- Creative Memories
Glitter Glue- Hampton Arts, Ranger

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That's a lot of kids!
    Great take on Diana's sketch. It looks great as a double layout.
    Love all your different colors. It all comes together so nicely.
    Thanks for working out with us at ~ScrapFIT~

    ReplyDelete