Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Nuts About Sketches #219

I am a day late on this, but here it is. Yesterday a new sketch was posted at Nuts About Sketches. This time it was a fun single page layout.
   

 This was another layout that came together really fast. It helped that the photos were already printed on the 8x10 collage.  I wasn't sure how I was going to scrap these photos, but when I saw this sketch, I immediately thought of these photos and how they were laid out.  Keep that in mind the next time you have a preprinted collage you need to scrap, you can use a sketch for them too!  I decided to limit my colors to black, white, and red to bring out the red and white costumes and downplay the turquoise.  I played a bit with my sewing machine to add the border.  I've seen other layouts where people go from straight to zig zag stitch and decided I wanted to try it.  I really like how it turned out, and I will definitely be doing it again.

 

Materials
Cardstock- American Crafts, The Paper Company
Patterned Paper- Provo Craft, Doodlebug Designs
Marker- Marvy
Pen- Zig
Flowers- Prima and Kaiser Craft
Brad- Basic Grey
Buttons- Jesse James Co., Other
Dew Drops- Robin's Nest
Ribbon- Doodlebug Designs, other
Photo by Sunshine Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment