Thursday, March 28, 2024

What I Like About You

Hello! I have another new layout to share! I discovered teh Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Sketch Group on Facebook recently and I decided to used the January Sketch for this layout:


My photos are bigger than what is prescribed in the sketch, but I made it work. For my background, I used a mask and spray inks to create the pattern. I didn't have an ink that matched the color of these costumes, but the mix of these two worked quite well! I collected some patterened papers from my stash that had similar colors and used my Cricut to cut the hexagons in different sizes. I matted my photos with gold cardstock to bring in the gold of the costumes. To use a little less, I cut the mat for one of the smaller photos from the center of the mat of the larger photo. I also used my Cricut for the title. For my journaling, I punched a tag from lined patterned paper and matted it on the glitter cardstock. My final little embellishments were some eyelets (haven't used those in a while!) and some gem stars.
I was also inspired by Lasting Memories Challenge #693- create a layout with at least 4 hexagons and add some stenciling to the background.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment