Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Birthday card- Stick It Down

Hello again! I have another card to share today. This time it is a birthday card based on the card sketch this month at Stick It Down:


I used this opportunity to use up some scraps for my card. I pulled blues and greens that went together and went to work cutting strips. I used an embossing folder on the background. I then glued the strips down. I stamped the sentiment on a strip with a more subtle pattern before adhering the strip. To embellish the card, I punched some stars and glued on some sequins. 

 Thanks for stopping by to check out my card!

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful birthday card. I love all the different pattern strips/papers on the brown brick background. Your "sentiment" and stars are the perfect touch. Thank you for joining Stick It Down

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. I love using scraps too for this type of card. The embossing adds a really nice touch to this card.
    Thanks for playing along at Stick It Down.
    Mandi, card DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the texture in your card and yes scraps for the win! Sherry ~DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card! I love the addition of the stars. Thanks for playing along with us at Stick it Down!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty card, love the addition of the brick embossing to the card for the "open" parts, its a nice touch for what would be an empty space! Thanks for joining us at Stick It Down!
    Monica -Card DT
    https://monicascraftcorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete