Saturday, April 24, 2021

May Calendar Page- Stick It Down

Hello! I have my May calendar page ready to share! I started with this sketch from Stick It Down:


I started by choosing photos for the suggested photo spots. I once again packed a bunch into the strip on the second page. As I was thinking about the design, I realized I could fit some more into the squares on either end of the page. One of the things we did last May was to go to the Arboretum. We had taken a bunch of photos of the flowers and trees there. I used the squares as an opportunity to show off some of the close up photos we took. Once I had my papers, photos and journaling in place, I worked on embellishing. I used my Cricut to cut the title (Did you know they added an "offset" feature that allows you to make a shadow/outline of anything you make? It is awesome!) The blue wasn't standing out very well against the wood grain paper, so I outlined it with a fine tip black pen. I fussy cut a buch of flowers from some of the patterned papers. I then layered those and stickers around my page. I finished my clusters off with some pearls and pink Nuvo drops. 


I am also entering this in the "Lasting Memories" flowers and tags challenge. 

 Thanks for stopping to check out my layout!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout! I love these colors! Thanks for joining us at Stick it Down!
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! I think i had that same paper a few years ago and absolutely loved it! THanks for playing with our double page challenge at Stick It Down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout! Reading your captions, it's really bizarre how not that much changed in the past year! So lovely to see a layout which captures the positives! Thanks for crafting along with us at Stick It Down!

    ReplyDelete