Thursday, April 18, 2019

Watercolor Style Backgrounds

Hello! I have a couple of new cards to share. I used some Distress Inks and water to make my backgrounds. I started by smooshing Faded Jeans and Iced Spruce Distress Oxide inks on a plastic surface. I gave the inks a good spray of water and then drug my watercolor paper panels through the ink. I dried that and then smooshed Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink onto the surface and gave that a spray of water. I drug my background through that ink until I was happy with my backgrounds. As you can see, this technique gave great color variation.


I cut some flowers from white cardstock using my Cricut and the Botanicals cartridge. I colored the flowers with colored pencils and attached them to the background panels. For the card on the left, I popped one of the flowers up on foam adhesive for some dimension. I finished off the card fronts with stamped and heat embossed sentiments.

No comments:

Post a Comment