Saturday, August 4, 2018

Hope Your Birthday is a Splash- Sketch Saturday

Hello! I have a new card to share today! I started with this week's sketch from Sketch Saturday:

I was also inspired by the technique and cards in this post by Jennifer McGuire. While I didn't use any Distress Oxide inks, I did use Distress Inks and Stains to create my pool on glossy cardstock. I stamped and heat embossed the girl and then colored her in with watercolor pencils. For the background, I used versamark and a plaid background stamp on purple cardstock. I handwrote my sentiment with gel pen. To finish off the card, I outlined the pool with dark blue Stickles and added some sequins..

2 comments:

  1. What a great end of summer card!! Great take on the sketch!! Thanks for playing along with the sketch this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable card! I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete