Sunday, January 28, 2018

Penguin Birthday Card

Hi all! I have a new card to share today. It was my nephew's first birthday yesterday and we are celebrating later today. I started with this sketch from Stick It Down:

January Card Sketch

I was also inspired by the current challenge at Bitten by the Bug 2 which is to make a project using a penguin cut. I started by stamping the snowflakes with Versamark ink and heat embossing them with white. Then I took some fun foam and cut the hill and attached it to my card. I used the Zooballoo cartridge for my penguins and attached them with foam adhesive. I finished of the card front with a stamped and heat embossed sentiment.

9 comments:

  1. This is such a cute penguin birthday card! I love this penguins! Your foam hill and stamped snowflakes look awesome too. Happy birthday to your nephew.

    Thank you for joining us in this week's BBTB2 challenge!!

    xx Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Zoobaloo! I really need to use my cartridges more. There are so many gems on there, such as these adorable penguins! I love how one is standing on the other's head. So funny!

    What a great card. Thanks for using our sketch as inspiration!

    Evelyn, Stick it Down design team

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute and fun card. Thanks for joining us at Stick it Down.

    Colleen--DT for SID
    http://scrappingranny-colleen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word, those little penguins are the cutest! Great take on our sketch! Thanks so much for joining us at Stick It Down! -Lori DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet card, gotta to love penguins! Thanks for playing along with us at Stick It Down.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable! I love penguins! Thanks for joining us at Stick It Down this month!

    Jess - DT
    www.freshbyjess.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww such cute penguins. Thanks for playing along with us at Stick It Down.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, these little penguins are ADORABLE, and I love the black background and bright white snowflakes! Thanks for playing with us at SID!!! --Sharon DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulously cute card! Your background is awesome as are the playful penguins! Thanks for sharing at Bitten by the Bug 2!

    ReplyDelete