Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Two Cards- CAS(E) this Sketch #215

 Hello! Welcome to a new week and a new month! I am so excited that it is April! The days are getting longer and warmer and the world is starting to green up!

I have two cards to share today, both inspired by this week's sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch:

First up is a Baptism card I made for my nephew. I started with a mask and used Faded Jeans Distress Oxide ink and an ink blending tool. I then spritzed the ink with a bit of water to add some more textures. I cut the cross with my Cricut and the New Testament cartridge. I pressed each piece into Versamark ink and then heat embossed it with silver powder before attaching it to my card. I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment and finished off the card with a piece of silver rick rack.

Next up is a springy birthday card. I stamped a script background stamp on my card base with pale blue ink for some texture. I then stamped the stems and flowers. When I first stamped the yellow flower on the card, I wasn't happy with how it looked, so I stamped it on some scrap cardstock and fussy cut it and attached it with some foam tape. I did the same for the flower center for the pink flower. I finished off the card with a stamped and heat embossed sentiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment