Monday, November 21, 2016

Stick It Down- November Double Sketch

Good morning! I hope you had a great weekend! I am here today to share my calendar layout using this month's double page sketch from Stick It Down:


Now, if I'm being honest, this sketch was a huge challenge, I almost didn't use it. Then I started brainstorming ideas of how to get lots of photos on the page. First, I was going to do a couple of photo collages, but then I noticed the grid on the top half of the layout and decided to create a photo grid!

In order to have even spaces between my photos, I had to add pieces of patterned paper into my rows. I also used some strips across the bottom. All of the papers are from Shimelle's  Christmas Magic collection. I splattered some Gold Color Shine across the bottom of the page. I had lots of journaling, so I used a fine tipped marker to make journaling lines. I started writing my journaling and realized I didn't have enough room, so I made another column next to it. I finished of the layout with some canvas embellishments that I water colored with gelatos, a few rub ons, a brad and some October Afternoon badges.

Thanks for stopping by and check out what the rest of the design team did with the sketch here.
Materials:
Patterned Paper- American Crafts
Washi Tape- My Mind's Eye
Badges, brad, enamel dots- October Afternoon
Ink- Heidi Swapp
Pens- Marvi, Sakura
Rubons- Daisy D's
Canvas pieces- Prima
Gelatos- Faber Castell

1 comment:

  1. I like lots of photos on a lo and this is a great idea thanks

    ReplyDelete