Saturday, November 12, 2016

October and Early November Cards

Hello! I am here to share the cards I have made over the past month, but haven't had time to blog about! Several of them were inspired by challenges and sketches, but I don't remember which ones anymore.

First up is a birthday card I made for my daughter's birthday. I put this together pretty quickly. I used my Cricut to cut the letters, a little gesso and a pen to make them stand out on the background and fussy cut some donuts to form the 8. I added some stickles to the donuts for some sparkle.


Next is a card that I made two copies of for two anniversaries. I started with the silver foil card base. I cut the circles and the heart. To add some interest to the heart, I used a mask, blending tool and Distress Ink. I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment on a scrap to finish off the card.

I made this card for a friend's son's baptism. I cut the cross with my Cricut from watercolor paper. I used water color pencils and a brush to paint the blue on. I added some ink splatters to the background for interest.

I made this birthday card for my brother-in-law. I stamped the balloons on the background and then attached the patterned paper. I stamped the sentiment and drew on the stitches. I added some enamel dots for some dimension.

For my final card, I stamped and heat embossed the background. I layered on a couple of patterned papers. I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment and finished the card off with a ribbon.


No comments:

Post a Comment