Tuesday, September 20, 2016

October Calendar Page: Stick It Down September Double Page Sketch

Hi all! I got my calendar page done early this month and joined the double page team at Stick It Down. Here is the sketch for the month:


I played around with the placement of the photos and the sizes of the photos to get more on this layout. To start my page, I used a leaf mask and some spray ink . Once that was dry, I layered on the patterned papers. I cut some leaves using my Cricut from a sheet of dark red/brown paper. I didn't have my blade set quite right, so the inner pieces were a little challenging to get out. I ended up rubbing brown metallic Gelato over a few that I didn't punch out the pieces. The Gelato did a nice job of highlighting the texture created by the cuts. I used a few pieces of Grungeboard on my page for some dimension. I started by painting them with Gesso and then sprayed them with ink. Once they were dry I used an ink blending tool and added the blue to them. 


Materials:
Cardstock- My Mind's Eye
Patterned Paper- October Afternoon, Me and My Big Ideas, Pink Paislee, Provo Craft
Ink- Tattered Angels, Ranger, Heidi Swapp
Gesso- Liquitex
Brads- Michael's
Badge and Tape- October Afternoon
Sticker- Simple Stories
Mask- Tattered Angels
Die Cutter- Provo Craft
Cartridge- Stretch Your Imagination
Vellum- Strathmore
Font- Calibri

No comments:

Post a Comment