Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Surprise!

Hello all! I have another 2-page layout to share today! I was inspired by several challenges for this one. We will start with the sketch for Stuck?!Sketches:


I rotated the sketch 90 degrees and used it for the left-hand page of my layout.

Next up is a color challenge from Lasting Memories:
Arent't the colors and inspiration just yummy?! I loved the ombre and the blues. I really want to do my nails like that too!

I didn't have a ton of blue patterned paper and nothing with that pretty ombre effect, so I made my own with inks and masks. I used a large, full page mask for the right side and a smaller mask, with circles to connect the pages, on the left side. I used an ink blending tool and 5 colors of dye ink to create the effect. I had a pretty lengthy story to tell with this layout too, so I typed it on my computer and put a square with an ombre effect behind it before printing it out.

I used some phrase stamp on the right side of the layout to add some interest. I also punched a little banner to put in the cluster on this page to mimic the banners on the left side.

I used watercolor pencils and a water brush to create my title and did a bit of an ombre effect there as well. I stamped the banners, fussy cut them and attached them to the layout with foam tape. I spread some enamel dots and brads around the page to continue with the "dot" theme. Shimelle also has a monochromatic challenge going on now on her blog, which this fits as well. ;)

Materials:
Cardstock- Bazzill, Die Cuts With a View
Patterned Paper- Fancy Pants, other
Vellum- Crate Paper
Stamps- American Crafts, Hero Arts
Badge- Fancy Pants
Font- Calibri
Masks- Studio Calico, The Crafter's Workshop
Ink- Stampin Up, Ranger, Tsukineko
Punch- American Crafts
Brads- My Mind's Eye, October Afternoon
Twine- Pink Paislee
Sticker- Fancy Pants
Eboxy- Pink Fresh Studio, Simple Stories
Watercolor Pencils- Staedtler
Watercolor Paper- Canson

8 comments:

  1. Great page, love the journaling(and the cake ;)) Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful use of the sketch! I love all that journaling added to it. Thanks for playing along at Stuck?! Sketches

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great job on the sketch! I love how you added so much journaling to the page. Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the journaling anf the mask you have used - Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches, Hugs Sarah x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful double layout and the cake??? Isn't is nice? And look like very good! Yummy! Thanks for sharing at Stuck?! Sketches. Eli

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your background stenciling and your journal strips! Well done changing the sketch into a double! Thanks for playing along with the "Blues" at Lasting Memories! and Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on creating your own patterned paper! Great layout! Thank you for joining us at Lasting Memories!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely love this! You might want to check out the Lasting Memories blog when you have a chance. :) Thanks for joining us last month!!

    ReplyDelete