Friday, September 26, 2014

Christmas Joy

Hello all!  I have a two page layout to share today that took a while to complete.  It was one of those pages that just wasn't inspiring me and I didn't know what to do with it.  I do like what I eventually came up with!

I was inspired by the 9/15 Mix It Up Monday challenge at My Scraps and More.  The challenge was to use scallops, washi tape, and twine.  I used all three of them together on the left page, but you can find the tape and scallops other places on the layout as well.

I couldn't remember what my thought was when I printed my photos (or if I even had one) as far as how to lay them out, but I ultimately decided to take the larger highlight photos and showcase them on the left and put the smaller photos of our various celebrations on the right.



I did a lot of fussy cutting for my embellishments.  Some of the paper already had glitter accents, however, I added the glitter to the heart below. I also used some Prima canvas pieces to decorate my page.

I mixed some chipboard and rub ons for my title.  I also did some more fussy cutting.  I cut some of the scallops from the matching sheet of paper and popped them up with foam adhesive.

 Materials:
Cardstock- American Crafts
Patterned Paper- Michaels
Trim- Pink Paislee
Chipboard- Making Memories
Brads- Bo Bunny
Stickers- October Afternoon, EK Success
Canvas- Prima
Ink- Ranger, Tattered Angels, Creative Imaginations
Pen- Stampin Up
Glitter Glue- Ranger, American Crafts
Rub Ons- Daisy D's
Tape- My Mind's Eye


Twine- Target

No comments:

Post a Comment