Friday, June 6, 2014

My Scraps and More Sketch #84- five

A new sketch was posted today at the My Scraps and More Sketch blog!  This week is a single photo layout, which I don't do often, but this one came together pretty fast!

I use single-photo sketches mostly for portraits and this one was no exception.  This is my oldest daughter's 5-year portrait.  I decided to go with pale pinks and greens from the old Basic Grey "Porcelain" collection.  I did some stamping on the background cardstock to add some texture and then layered my papers over that.
I found those wings in a grunge board pack I had and decided to make a butterfly out of them.  I first covered them with white Distress Stain, then painted them with some pale green paint, and finished them off with some pink Stickles for some sparkle.  To make the body, I ran a thick line of Liquid Pearls between them.  I finished the cluster off with some flowers and gems.

Make sure you stop by the blog and check out what the rest of the team did!

Materials:
Cardstock- Die Cuts with a View
Patterned Paper and Stickers- Basic Grey
Flowers- KaiserCraft and Prima
Pen- Tsukeniko
Ink- Clearsnap, American Crafts, Ranger
Stamps- Stampin Up, Hero Arts
Punch- EK Success, American Crafts
Gems- Jolee's, Michael's
Chipboard- Advantus
Paint- Liquitex, Plaid
Glitter Glue and Liquid Pearls- Ranger



No comments:

Post a Comment