Saturday, February 1, 2014

Scrapping Everyday Miracles February Challenge

It is February 1st, which means it is time for a new set of challenges at Scrapping Everyday Miracles.  I created examples for both of the sketches this month.

First up is my card.  I made this wedding card for an old neighbor who got married a few months ago (yes, I said a few months ago, sometimes I am so not on top of things!).  The heart cut is from the Cindy Loo Cricut cartridge.  I backed it with the blackout of the same heart cut from vellum.  I stamped "love" in VersaMark and then used some Stamp N Bond.  After heating it, I sprinkled the blue glitter on it.  The finishing touch was the pearls and gems.



I used our inspiration verse this month as the sentiment inside my card:

My second project is a layout based on the layout sketch.  These are some photos from one of the first sessions of ECFE that my son was able to actually play and participate. I had a lot of fun playing with these bright colors and practicing some clustering in the top left.  Oh, see those letter stickers in the title?  They are ridiculously old!  I was happy that they worked with my color scheme and theme for this project.



I used rub ons, wood, chipboard, stickers, and some fussy cut stars for my cluster.  After I had all the pieces attached, I wanted something to connect them.  I have seen some layouts recently that use some bunched up thread as an embellishment so I decided to try that here.  I really like how it turned out!  

I have these epoxy quotes and thought this one fit the layout well.  The journaling card that I used had a car on it, so I found an apple sticker to fit the theme of the layout better.  A fussy cut star and a wood star complete this smaller cluster.


Make sure you head over the Scrapping Everyday Miracles and check out what the rest of the team made and the awesome prize this month!

Materials-
Cardstock- Bazzill
Patterned Paper- My Mind's Eye, Echo Park
Die Cut Paper- KI Memories
Stickers- Bo Bunny Press, American Crafts, Cloud 9 Designs, Simple Stories
Wood- Adorn It
Ribbon- Michael's
Twine- Target
Floss- DMC
Rub ons- Basic Grey
Pen- Zig
Ink- Ranger and Clearsnap
Embossing Powder- JoAnn Crafts


No comments:

Post a Comment