Saturday, January 4, 2014

Happy Birthday Card

I have a new card to share with you today.  I made this one a few days ago for my sister-in-law's birthday.  I wanted to play a bit with stamping and vellum, and this is what I came up with. 


I started by stamping the "Paint Print" flowers on the card base using three colors of ink.  I then trimmed a piece of white vellum to 1/4" smaller than the card.  I dry embossed the vellum to add some texture, and then attached it to the card front.  The present was cut using my newest Cricut cartridge, "Holiday Cakes" and I added some sparkle to the bow using Platinum Stickles that I picked up recently.  They are so pretty!  I used a strip of washi tape, attached the present and sentiment.  I did a little stamping on the inside as well, but I didn't get a photo of it.  :(

This was a fun card to make and I am thinking I may need to get some more vellum so I can play with it more!

No comments:

Post a Comment