Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Cards- The First of Many...

I've been busy making a few cards the past few days.  I was inspired by a couple of challenges too!

My first card was a birthday card for my sister, whose birthday was Sunday.  I just loved this color combo at the Play Date Cafe and decided to work with it.


I cut the owl and frame using my Cricut and the Storybook cartridge.  The background piece was cut and then I ran light grey patterned washi tape across it.  I just trimmed the excess tape so it couldn't be seen on the sides.  I accented the owl's eyes with some pen tracing and glossy accents.  Finally, I accented the frame with some Liquid Pearls.



Next, I used this Cardabilities sketch to my an anniversary card for my sister-in-law and her husband.

Again, I put my Cricut to work and cut the bracket piece and the champagne glasses.  Rather than cutting the piece for the liquid, I used some liquid glue and gold glitter to give it some shine.  I also pulled out the liquid pearls again to accent the frame.


Last, I have a baby card that I put together quickly yesterday for my husband's cousin who had a baby 3 weeks ago.  I used lots of premade embellishments so this card went together pretty quickly.  The sentiments stamped down the right side are from a roller stamp so I could just stamp, clean and roll to the next sentiment.


4 comments:

  1. Cute card using the Cardabilties sketch. I like the way you have the toasting glasses on the flower. Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute cards! Love the colors and how you used the sketch too. Thanks for sharing with all of us on Cardabilites :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Came to your blog through the Cardabilities Sketch Challenge, and enjoyed every card! The anniversary card with the glittered champagne glasses is a favorite. Love your style and plan to come back to see your latest!

    ReplyDelete