Saturday, October 13, 2012

Bright Birthday Card

As I was cleaning up from making a project earlier this week, I decided to make a card from some of the scraps. One of the Christmas gifts I have been giving in recent years is handmade cards for my grandma to use when she needs a card. So I decided this would be a good start to those cards!

 I did another of the World Card Making Day challenges at Let's Capture These Sketches. This time it was Challenge #6- Make it Shiny! The floral paper had the glitter accents on it, and I added the dots of glitter on the bottom for a bit more sparkle. For the bottom part of the card, I ran the yellow cardstock through my dry embossing machine and then rubbed some ink over the raised parts to make them stand out.

Materials:
Cardstock- The Paper Company
Patterned Paper- K and Company
Stamps- Stampin' Up
Button- Oriental Trading Company
Twine- Pink Paislee
Ink- Ranger
Embossing Folder- Sizzix
Trim- Michaels
Glitter Glue- Ranger

No comments:

Post a Comment