Monday, October 10, 2011

Scrapfest Stamping Technique #3

It is Monday again! I am back with the last technique I learned in the Hero Arts class (taught by Jennifer McGuire) at Scrapfest.

For this technique you will need:
Versamark or embossing ink
white embossing powder
white cardstock
Clear shimmering spray ink (I used Pearl Glimmer Mist)
2-3 colors of Distress inks (I used Dusty Concord, Chipped Sapphire, and Barn Door)
Clear stamps (you are going to want images that somewhat symmetrical)
A plastic plate (or we used one of these in class)


Step 1
Ink up your stamp with the Versamark and stamp on cardstock. You can use more than one image if you like. (Ignore the redness of my stamp, it was stained when I used some red chalk ink.)



Step 2
Cover images with white embossing powder.


Step 3
Heat embossing powder. Here is mine after it was heated. You can see that the powder has melted and become raised and shiny.


Step 4
Now comes the fun part! Press your inkpads onto the plate (or craft mat) in a triangle pattern, so that they are near one another.



Step 5
Spray 3-4 pumps on Glimmer Mist on the ink.


Step 6
Attach stamp to acrylic block upside down. You can see here that the image is toward the block.



Press stamp into ink. You can dab it a few times to get the colors to mix a bit.


Step 8
Stamp over the embossed images, the embossing will resist the ink leaving the image white and the surrounding area colored (this is why you want images that are somewhat symmetrical!).


Step 9
Flip the stamp back over and use the ink on the plate the same way to stamp the regular image.



Repeat steps 7-9 until you are satisfied with you paper.


Allow to dry and then embellish as you choose!


Here is the one we did in class using snowflake stamps.


Are there other techniques you have seen me use on my layouts or cards that you would like to see me demonstrate? Leave me a comment and I would be happy to do a tutorial- now that I have done it a few times, it isn't so overwhelming! Also, if you use this or either of the other techniques, please let me know and link your project so I can check it out!

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment