Thursday, December 21, 2017

Sketch Saturday- Snowflake Christmas Card

Good morning! I will be sharing Christmas cards I have been making for my kids' teachers over the next few days. First up is a card that was inspired by this sketch from Sketch Saturday:

The circles in the sketch immediately made me think of snowflakes, so that's what I went with for this one. I started by stamping and heat embossing my star and dot background in white. I then took three different colors of blue ink and blended them over the top. To get the ink off of the white embossed areas, I ran a clean tissue over the whole card. I then stamped and heat embossed some snowflakes onto some vellum. I finished off the card by punching some scalloped circles from navy blue cardstock and stamping and heat embossing the sentiment and another snowflake. I attached those to the card using foam adhesive for some dimension. 


No comments:

Post a Comment