Monday, July 17, 2017

Thanks So Much- Stick It Down Card Sketch

Hello! I have a couple of cards to share today! First up is a thank you card I made last week based on the July card sketch at Stick It Down:


I started by stamping the flowers and butterflies on my white card base. My original plan was to do a very basic card with the stamped background and a sentiment on  some vellum, but after I finished the stamping, I felt like the card needed more, so I went looking for patterned paper that would go with the colors I had stamped. This is not the usual order I do things, but it wasn't too hard. I found two papers that worked a some ribbon and attached them to my card front. I finished it off with a stamped sentiment.

My second card wasn't based on any challenges, I just played a bit with a new technique. I started by spreading Distress Stains in Abandoned Coral, Picket Fence and Mermaid Lagoon on an acrylic block. I sprayed that generously with water and then pressed it onto my water color paper panel. I ended up doing this a couple of times to get the saturation that I wanted. I printed my sentiment on vellum and immediately heat embossed it with silver powder. I added some die cut stars and stamped stars to the front of the card to finish it off. 



2 comments:

  1. Pretty cards. Thanks for playing along with us at Stick it Down.

    Colleen--DT for SID
    http://scrappingranny-colleen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your fun butterfly card! Nice, bright colors, and a fun feel!

    Thanks for using our sketch as inspiration for your card!

    Evelyn, Stick it Down design team
    https://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete