Sunday, September 13, 2015

Fun at the Fair

Hello, Happy Sunday! I am here today sharing a layout I made this week.  I was inspired by Got Talent Challenge #3 at My Scraps and More. 

The challenge was to use at least 6 different patterned papers. I pulled out these photos from the county fair a few years ago and was immediately reminded on the quilts that you often see at fairs and decided to go that direction with my layout. I cut 2x2 inch squares from seven different patterned papers and then created a border around my page with them. After they were all attached, I used my sewing machine to add stitching between each square. I added the photos and then did my embellishing. Since all the patterned papers made the page kind of busy I didn't do a ton of embellishing, just a few clusters to draw your eye around the page.  


Materials:
Cardstock- Bazzill
Patterned Paper- October Afternoon, Jillibean Soup
Stickers- October Afternoon, Basic Grey, Simple Stories
Chipboard- American Crafts
Brads- October Afternoon, My Mind's Eye
Enamel Dots- Simple Stories, October Afternoon
Tape- My Mind's Eye
Rub Ons- Crate Paper
Pen- Sakura
Tin Pin- October Afternoon

No comments:

Post a Comment