Sunday, September 11, 2011

Surprise!!! Party

I haven't had a lot of time to scrapbook in the last couple of weeks because I have been working on another very important project: a surprise birthday party for my husband! It has been one of the most stressful things I have ever done! It is really hard to hide something like that from your spouse! Yesterday was the party and it went great!

My husband is really into board games and one of his favorite games is Carcassone. I decided I wanted to make his cake based on that game this year. I ended up searching the internet for ways to make the "meeples" out of candy. I ended up finding a couple of tutorials using different products. The first was using a product called Plastique, which ended up being a little more expensive than I wanted. So I went in search of another option and found this video using a product called Amazing Mold Putty that was much more reasonably priced.

Here is the result:


And a shot of the birthday boy's face when looked into our living room and say the faces of about 40 friends and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment