Saturday, January 16, 2021

Yoda Birthday Card

Hi all, I have a card to share today! I made this card for my son's 8th birthday. He is a big Star Wars fan, so I went in search of a fun cut file to use on his card. I ended up finding this site which has several cut files. This one was NOT easy to assemble! The outline is truly an outline and was very fragile. I ended up using Press and Seal to help lift the outline off the cutting mat (along with a spatula) and keep it in shape. Then as I cut out the other colors, I placed them face down on the outline. You are going to want to add glue to areas of the outline that are under the other colors, I didn't and then had to go back and add it once I had it assembled- which wasn't easy! Here you can see what the front looked like while still on the Press and Seal:

Once I had all the pieces together, I ran my adhesive gun over it several times, making sure to get areas where there were multiple small pieces to help keep them in place. This is what the back looked like with the adhesive added:

 For the background of my card, I used a tiny star mask and glimmer spray. I then pressed the die cut onto the card front. With the detailed die cut, I didn't think the card needed anything else on the outside!

Thanks for checking out my card!

No comments:

Post a Comment