Saturday, January 30, 2021

Get Moving- Sketches In Thyme

Hello, I have a new layout to share today! When this sketch was revealed at Sketches In Thyme last Friday, I knew I had to use it:


I pulled out these photos of my son at open gym several years ago and went to work. Since there are lots of primary colors in the photos, I looked for papers in the same color scheme. This is a great design for scraps since I just needed a couple of small squares and some strips. I roughed up the bottom edges of my strips for some texture. For my title, I used the "Boys Will Be Boys" Cricut font. Quick tip to get the spacing right for those small pieces of the letters: use the negative cut and glue the small pieces down through the openings that they were cut from. I also cut the letters from chipboard to give them dimension. I found coordinating arrows and cut those out for either side of my title. I then went to work finding embellishments. I used a couple of stickers, a die cut, wood veneers, and some enamel dots to finish off the layout.

 I did some hand journaling directly on one of the paper strips across the bottom so I am entering this in The Studio's handwritten journaling challenge.

4 comments:

  1. How adorable and what a great take on the sketch! Perfect title and love the mix of colors! Thanks so much for your entry at Sketches in Thyme! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my what a great layout! love those colors! so bright and appropriate for the photos. thanks for joining us at Sketches in Thyme this month.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness!! How cute is this?? Such a bright and colorful layout! Great take on the sketch too! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketches in Thyme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the fun bright colors! Thanks for joining us at Sketches In Thyme!

    ReplyDelete