Friday, January 29, 2021

Oh Happy Day- Sketch Saturday

Hello! I have a card to share today! I started with this sketch from Sketch Saturday:


My card is definitely more loosely based on this sketch. Rather than blocks of paper, the star cut design is in the place of the vertical block and the banner with my sentiment takes the place of the horizontal piece. I did lots of cutting with my Cricut and inking on this card. For the "Earth," I first pressed Mowed Lawn Distress Ink onto a piece of plastic. I misted that with water and pressed the circle into the ink. Once that was dry, I pressed Salty Ocean Distress Ink onto the same piece and misted that. I then pressed the circle into that and dried it. I pressed the circle into the leftover ink one last time to add some depth to the color. For my background, I pressed Black Soot Distress Oxide Ink onto the plastic and misted it and then pressed my black cardstock into it. I like the depth it added to my background. The rest of my card was putting together the rocket and stamping the sentiment. I added the dot details with Liquid Mercury Nuvo Drops. I'm really loving how this one turned out!


 

1 comment:

  1. Creative use of the sketch. Love your combination of elements. Thank you for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week.

    ReplyDelete