Friday, January 15, 2021

Let's Celebrate

Hello again! I have another layout to share today! This time I was inspired by this sketch from Let's Get Sketchy:
Once again, I added more photos than the sketch suggested. I also used squares instead of hexagons because they were quicker and easier to make. I used a bunch of scraps for this layout since it didn't require large pieces of patterned paper. Once I had my squares cut and adhered, I used some washi tape and a thin strip of paper for the vertical strip. I decided to add some interest to the top right and bottom left corners, so I pulled out a mask and Distress Oxide ink in Crushed Olive. I then splattered some grey ink over that. I used my Cricut to cut the title. I wrote my journaling directly on the layout. To embellish my layout, I used a die cut tag and ribbon, stickers, a flair badge, and enamel dots. 

 Thanks for stopping by to check out my layout!

10 comments:

  1. What an absolutely fun page Jessica!! I love your take on the sketch and how you made it your own!! Thanks for playing along with us @ Let's Get Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful page lots of wow colours to match the children's clothing, Love the triangles pieces and you take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us this month @ Lets Get Sketchy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those stars are fabulous! I like your idea to use washi tape. Great interpretation of the sketch. Thanks so much for playing along at Let's Get Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bright colors! I want to be at that party! Thanks for joining us at Let's Get Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute layout. Thanks for playing along with us at Let's Get Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute layout. Thanks for playing along with us at Let's Get Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the stars! Thanks for playing along at Let's Get Sketchy!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your work is very well organized despite using a lot of photos, and it's a very nice work.
    Thanks for joining us at Let's Get Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how loving photos. You've done a lovely job of capturing a very precious memory! Thanks for playing along at Let's Get Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful take on the sketch and those celebration photos are fantastic,their faces show how much fun they were having. I love your choice of patterned papers. Thank you for joining in with us at Let's Get Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete