Monday, January 18, 2021

Happy Birthday card- Stick It Down

Hello all! I have a new card to share today. I started with the current card sketch from Stick It Down:


I wanted to play a little with inking, so I started by using a blending tool and yellow and orange distress inks to blend the entire background. Then I took a circle mask and a blending tool with VersaMark. I covered the circle with clear embossing powder and heated it. The embossing wasn't as solid as I was hoping so I did another layer of VersaMark and clear embossing powder. I then pressed my Black Soot Distress Oxide ink onto a plastic panel and sprayed it with water. I ran my card front through the ink until it was covered. I took an ink blending tool and did a bit of extra blending around th ecircle to make sure it stood out more. I used Archival ink for the geese and sentiment. To finish off the card, I added some gold stars.

 

6 comments:

  1. Wow such a striking card. You did a beautiful job with the sketch, your inking and blending are lovely. Thank you for joining us at Stick It Down--Sharon DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card and lovely take on the sketch. Thanks for playing along with us at Stick It Down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card. Your inking skills are fabulous. Thanks for playing along at Stick It Down.
    Mandi, card DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, gorgeous card! It's spectacular! Thanks for joining us at Stick it down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jessica, this card is so cool! Love the inking background you created. Thank you so much for joining us at Stick It Down this month. Maya, Card DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, I love the birds flying across! Thanks for joining us at Stick it Down!

    - Monica, Card DT
    https://monicascraftcorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete