Saturday, January 23, 2021

Junior Dog Whisperer

Hello and happy weekend! I have a new layout to share today! I was inspired by the fun sketch at challenge at Scrap Our Stash this month:


I added another photo , but stuck pretty close to the inspiration layout in design. I initially was just going to use the woodgrain paper for the base of my page, but decided to trim it down and add the green cardstock behind it. I cut a large square out of the middle of the green cardstock and that's what I used to cut "Whisperer" with my Cricut. I cut that word 3 times and stacked the letters to give it some dimension. The green was getting a little lost on the leaf and bug paper, so I inked the edges with dark brown ink. I stuck with mostly natural textures for my embellishments- wood veneer, cork, metal. 
This layout has a good mix of some really old products- the letter stickers, gromlet, button brads, and with the newer (to me anyway) "Never Grow Up" collection. It was really fun to dig into some of my older stash and use it! I am entering this layout in the "Old and New" challenge at The Studio.

Thanks for stopping by to check out my layout!

 

6 comments:

  1. I like your journaling all around the margins of the page. Great take on the challenge. Thanks for joining us at Scrap Our Stash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun papers on this oh so cute layout! Thanks for playing along at SCRAP OUR STASH - DT Gail #stayhealthy #staysafe

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute layout! Love the details and stash use. Thanks for your entry in our January challenge at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a fun layout! Such a great mix of papers and those photos are the cutest! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Scrap Our Stash! -Lori DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a precious memory! thanks for joining us at SOS!

    ReplyDelete