Monday, July 10, 2023

Splash Zone

Hi all! I made another layout! I was inspired by the current single page sketch from Stick It Down, which I used for the left hand page of my layout:

I was also inspired by the first challenge of the month at Lasting Memories- colors of the rainbow, use at least 4 different colors. I have blue, green, red and yellow on my layout.


 I started with this fun colorful paper collection that I recently found at a scrappy garage sale. I fussy cut the wave paper for the left hand page and cut the rainbow hex paper straight to layer underneath the waves and to add to the right side of the page to tie the pages together. For the title, I used a cut file from Paper Issues. I also used cut files for the sun embellishments. I matted everything on white to tie it into the patterned paper. I felt the background needed a little more and splattered some watered down blue distress oxide ink and white pigment ink. To embellish the page, I used some stickers, flair, a die cut phrase, and some sequins. It is a little hard to see in the photo, but I used a mask on the full sun and some yellow Stickles gel to add a face. 


4 comments:

  1. What a totally fun layout! Love the fussy cut waves on the hexagon paper, and the face on the sun is subtle yet so effective. Thanks for playing along with Lasting Memories this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors and the double layout! Thanks for joining in the Lasting Memories challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous layout! Your colours are so bright and vibrant! Great job with our challenge! Thanks for sharing with us at Lasting Memories Layout Challenges!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Jessica. Your delightful layout was chosen as one of our favorites for July over at Lasting Memories. Please contact me ASAP if you would be interested in a guest design spot. chereven26@gmail.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete