Sunday, July 2, 2023

Oh Happy Day- Birthday Cards

Hello! I have two new cards to share. Here is the sketch that I used from Stick It Down:

I was also inspired by the current challenge at Color Dare:



I started by using my Marbled Turnabout stamp again for this card. I used Chipped Sapphire, Lumberjack Plaid, and Barn Door Distress Inks to match the color from the challenge. ( Looking at my card now, I coule have double stamped the Lumberjack Plaid to get a closer match.) I also used Versamark and white embossing powder for the 4th impression. I then trimmed down the panel and cut it into a card front and used the scrap for the banner piece on my second card. I found some navy cardstock that matched pretty well and used that for the opposite pieces. I then stamped and heat embossed the cake on smooth white cardstock and inked the edges of that piece with Barn Door ink and a blending tool. I stamped the banner and sentiment on smooth white cardstock with Chipped Sapphire and fussy cut it. I attached everything with regular adhesive, so these cards are pretty flat, but thy have some texture from the stamping and embossing.


 

7 comments:

  1. Fun birthday cards!

    Thank you for getting colorful with us at Color My Heart Color Dare!
    ~ Melissa, DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the marbled background, great job on blending your different color inks. And you don't need texture or dimension on this pattern it does that for itself. Creative and beautiful card... love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the turnabout stamp image - that looks so neat! Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Dare :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the background your stamp created. I can't decide which one I like better. Thanks for sharing at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohh that background is awesome. I didn't know there was a marbling stamp. I must have it! Thanks for playing wit us at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you interpreted the sketch with our colours. Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Dare, I hope you can join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That marble background is so cool! Thank you for joining us at Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete