Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Ready, Set, Play

Hello again! I have another new layout to share, this time for my oldest's scrapbook. I started with the "London" challenge at Paper Issues which was to create a vertical design or use a large title. I ended up doing both. I started by finding patterned paper scraps that complemented my photos and each other. I ended up using a bunch of old October Afternoon papers. I layered those vertically down the right half of my background paper. Then I laid my photos over the top. I used a Cricut cut for my title and made it big. To embellish my page, I fussy cut some words from a sheet of patterned paper, used some stickers, brads and puffy stickers. I felt like the left side of my layout still needed something, so I found some washi tape the coordinated with my papers. That strip needed a bit more and so I found a scalloped border sticker. I was only going to use the bit on the left, but it wasn't sticking back down to the backing sheet, so I decided to use the rest instead of wasting in. I found a couple of other places to add the border. 


 I try not to repeat similar designs in my kids' books, but as I was working on this layout, I realized I had done another page with a very similar design in her book already. Oh well! It's a great design to use up those scraps!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment