Saturday, July 29, 2023

Happy Birthday- Sketch Saturday

Hello! I have a new card to share today. I made this one for my nephew who is turning 9 next week. I decided I wanted to make a card using a soccer ball image, and then I stopped over at Sketch Saturday and saw their new sketch:


Perfect! I found some circles in my random die cut bits and they were one of the colors of his soccer club! I stamped and heat embossed the herring bone background on black cardstock. I used my Cricut to cut the black part of the soccer ball. To give the ball dimension, I traced around the ball die cut on white foam and cut it out. I then glued the die cut down. I edged the circles with black ink and stamped my sentiment on one of the circles. Once all of the circles were attached, I cut a thin strip of silver cardstock to attach on the left side of my card (my design is flipped horizontally from the sketch.


 Thanks for stopping by to check out my card!

2 comments:

  1. Love the bold color of your soccer card! Thank you so much for sharing at Sketch Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous soccer card, I have a few grands in soccer and will have to remember this for inspiration!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Sketch Saturday!
    Diane SS DT
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Sketch Saturday}

    ReplyDelete