Wednesday, July 5, 2023

4th of July- Sketches in Thyme and CSI

Hello! I made a layout this week that wasn't a calendar layout! I saw this sketch come up on the Sketches in Thyme Facebook page and knew I had some 8x10 photo collages to scrap, so I went to work!


CSI has a patriotic inspiration image and color palette posted this month, so I worked with this as well:


I started with the photo collage and pulled out this patriotic collection from Echo Park. I chose my patterned papers and decided to go with a white background. First I added the navy plaid and used my sewing machine to run a line of stitching down each piece. Then I added strips of the star paper on either side of my collage. To make them stand out more against the white background, I edged them with red ink. The title was made with the stickers included in the pack. I found a blue edged journaling spot and added that under tht title. To embellish the page, I used some stickers, and punched and fussy cut stars. I kept the embellishments pretty minimal to allow the photos to shine. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment