Saturday, May 23, 2020

Two Cards, One Challenge

Hello! I have two cards to share today! I was inspired by the current challenge at Fusion for these cards:


I loved the colors and watercolor effect of the inspiration image, so I started with that. I used Distress inks and a brush on watercolor paper. The colors weren't as rich as I wanted them to be, so I then pressed the inkpads onto a plastic surface and sprayed them with water before running by watercolor paper through the ink. Once it was dry, I stamped and heat embossed (with clear embossing powder) the swirls. I then sprayed the pieces with water and lifted some of the color off with a towel. I used some patterned acetate and patterned paper to accent the watercolored pieces. For the birthday card, I wanted to add some more so I stamped the present and party hat with the same colors of inks. I finished off the card fronts with glitter glue, washi tape, sequins and stamped and heat embossed sentiments. 


Thanks for stopping by to check out my cards!

1 comment:

  1. Your backgrounds are lovely! Pretty cards! Glad you joined us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete