Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Knighted

Hello! I have a new jam-packed layout to share! I was inspired by the tic tac toe challenge at The Studio Challenges:

I worked with the diagonal from the lower left to the upper right- ephemera (the certificate from the party), triangle (my big embellishment clusters for a triangle), and enamel dots. For this layout, I started with the certificate and four photos and played a bit with placement on my page. I settled on this placement and then chose a couple of patterned papers to add to the top and the bottom for some color and interest. For my title, I cut the word using my Cricut. Then I decided that I wanted to add a banner, so I cut that with the Cricut as well from shiny gold paper. I had some old chipboard and printed die cuts from Scrapfest several years ago that fit the theme, so I pulled those out and added the shield and laurel leaves to the embellishment clusters. I wrote the journaling directly on my layout. To add some interest to the stark black and white certificate, I took a water brush and a gold Gelato and painted in parts of the lions. A scattering of enamel dots and sequins finished off the page.

1 comment:

  1. Great layout - so fun! --Thanks for playing along with us at The Studio Challenge!!♥

    ReplyDelete