Monday, May 18, 2020

Happy 2nd Birthday!

Hello! I have a new card to share today. I made this card for my youngest who turned two this weekend! I started with this sketch from Stick It Down:
 
I had the idea of making a "balloon" number 2 from vellum. I had cut the outline and vellum and then thought it would be fun to make it a shaker element! I traced the outline onto white craft foam and cut that out and attached it under the cardstock outline. Then I filled the number with sequins and beads and glued it to the light blue circle. Since the glue was wet, some of the sequins stuck in places, which keeps them from all falling to the bottom. I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment for finish off the card front!

4 comments:

  1. SO sweet. What a lucky 2 year old! That shaker elements makes it so much fun!! I love the colors you chose as well on your wonderful card. Thank you for joining us at Stick It Down--Sharon DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet card. I too created a shaker card from this sketch and some of my sequins got stuck to the glue. Thanks for playing along at Stick It Down.
    Mandi, card DT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stellar! Thanks so much for sharing with us in the Stick It Down May Card Sketch challenge! We appreciate you joining us!
    Hugs,
    Leslie, SID Card Team
    Love To Scrap 2

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute birthday card, love the use of the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us this month at Stick it Down!
    Monica- card DT
    http://monicascraftcorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete