Thursday, January 2, 2020

January Calendar Page

Happy New Year! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and the start of your year is going well! I have had some time over the last week or so to be creative, so I will be sharing what I made the next couple of days. 

First up is my January calendar layout. As you may know, each month I make a two page layout with photos from that month the previous year (so these photos are from January 2019). One side of the layout goes on the calendar hanging in our home for the month. At the end of the month, both pages go into an album. If there are more photos from that month, I will put together a pocket page and insert it between the two pages of the layout.

I used the December two page sketch from Stick It Down:


I stuck pretty close to the layout, even using trees on my layout. Last weekend, my Cricut Expression finally bit the dust. So, I got to get a Cricut Explore Air 2! I had fun trying some new designs on this layout. I loved the trees, so I had to use them. I also cut the title and silver snowflakes. The polka dotted tree is adhered with regular adhesive to the layout, and the plain navy trees were attached with foam behind them for some dimension. I stamped and heat embossed some more snowflakes and finished the layout off with a sprinkling of sequins. 

3 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful double page spread! I love those trees and all of your fun photos. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Lasting Memories! -Lori DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work with the sketch and I love your trees! Thanks so much for joining us for 'anything goes week' at Lasting Memories! ~Deanna :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this layout! Those trees are gorgeous! I'm excited to see that you used the sketch I designed too! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete