Friday, January 3, 2020

Cards Made with New "Toys"

Hello again! Today I have several cards to share using a couple of new tools I received/ bought. I received a MISTI and a couple of Turnabout stamps for Christmas. A few days after Christmas my Cricut Expression died, so I got to buy a Cricut Explore Air 2! I've had a lot of fun creating with all of these new tools!

First up, I made a couple of cards with the Darling Petals Turnabout stamp. This stamp is meant to be inked half in one color, half in another color. I started by using two shades of green for the leaves and a pink and a purple for the flowers. I love how bright and colorful this made the background! This set also comes with a couple of individual flower and leaf stamps so I used those. I cut the individual flowers and added them to the card using foam adhesive. A stamped and heat embossed sentiment and some light green Nuvo drops finished off this card.

Next, I tried using one color. I covered the entire stamp with blue ink all four times I stamped it. The areas where the stamps overlapped are darker because of the two layers of ink. I really like this effect too, and it was super quick to make! To finish off this card, I trimmed a bit off the edge and added a strip of silver glitter paper. I used the same paper and my new Cricut to cut the sentiment. I wanted to make it stand out a bit from the background, so I added a strip of vellum under it. I finished off the card with silver Nuvo drops.


The other Turnabout stamp I got was the Triangle Turnabout. The bold design of this stamp made me want to use bright colors, so that's what I did for this card. I did the same as I did above and trimmed off a bit and this time added blue glitter paper. I stamped and fussy cut the balloons and added them with foam tape. The sentiment was stamped on a banner and added to the card. I finished things off with strings in a coordinating blue.

For my second card with this stamp, I wanted to try some heat embossing. I used pigment inkpads for this one since pigment ink stays wet longer. I stamped the first two colors/tuns and then sprinkled on the glitter embossing powder. I then did the other two colors/turns and then sprinkled on clear embossing powder. I heated everything. I love how this one turned out! I finished the card off with a cut sentiment and flower from copper metallic paper.


Finally, I made one of the pre-made projects on Cricut Design Space to just get a hang of the program and new machine. I didn't have grey cardstock for my card base, so I sprayed my white card base with grey spray ink. I like the dirtier look with this masculine card. Once the gears were cut, I pressed them into VersaMark ink and heat embossed them with silver powder. I finished the card off with brads in the middle of the gears.




No comments:

Post a Comment